Saturday, November 6, 2010


Every time we change our clocks, articles appear on the news telling us how wonderful this practice is and how it improves the quality of our lives. Reports quote energy savings, boost to the economy, and how candy sales are up due to children being able to participate in Halloween activities. If there was a daylight savings Scrooge, I would probably be it. I have clocks everywhere, and two watches that I have to change after searching for the correct instruction books. I think we should get on one time and stay there year around. The only downside I can think of would be the people who schedule changing the batteries in their smoke alarms to coincide with the time change. We should never forget the story, which might be true, of how the idea for the time change came about. There was a crazy Indian who cut a foot of material off the top of his blanket in the winter time and sewed it on the bottom to make it longer. I really hope that story isn’t true.

No comments: