Monday, March 28, 2011

William G. Tapply


I usually keep up with the authors of books I enjoy, but somehow I missed the death announcement of mystery writer William G. Tapply. Tapply was the author of more than 40 mystery novels. The ones I read and loved the most featured attorney Brady Coyne. Coyne was a fictional character who loved life and was able to take the difficulties and disappointments of life in stride. It doesn’t get much better than that in the world of literature, or in real life for that matter. There is a little bit of Brady Coyne in all of us, and I suspect there was a lot of Tapply in Coyne,

Tapply was the professor of English at Clark University in Worchester, MA, where he was the writer in residence. He was married to mystery writer Vicki Stiefel. Tapply will be missed by the mystery fans who enjoyed his thoughtful and well-plotted novels.

No comments: