Sunday, January 14, 2018

I HATE OUR NEW OVEN

One of the things I learned as a computer programmer was not to get carried away with all of the bells and whistles. There are too many programmers today that would install a computer on a claw hammer if someone in management gave them a wink and a nod. One of the many features on our new oven was a feature where a Jewish person could program the oven ahead of time so it would turn on and off on the Sabbath in compliance with their datary laws. I’m not Jewish, so none of this helps me in any form or fashion. It is just one of the useless features that I have to work around in order to use the oven. The list seems endless. All I want an oven to do is start as soon as I select the temperature and cut off when I hit the stop button. No such luck with this appliance. You would have to hit more keys than it would take to write a letter to grandma explaining why your son decided to marry that snooty looking cheerleader from Auburn instead of a wholesome looking girl from the University of Tennessee. I can handle complexity when I need to, but why muddy up the pond when all you want to do is cook a biscuit.

No comments: