Friday, May 20, 2011

Is the End of the World Coming on May 21st?



A friend of mine is a rather successful recreational gambler. I asked him about the secret of his success. He said, "If you are going to gamble, you need to cheat just enough to give yourself an edge."

So that is what I am going to do here. I intended to post this early this morning, but I knew I might unleash an argument. I decided to wait late enough in the afternoon that most of you would not see this it until tomorrow, and no one would have a chance to disagree. The statement has been made on Family Radio by Harold Camping that the Rapture will occur tomorrow. Camping gave a rather long explanation, or at least long enough to convince some otherwise intelligent people that he knew what he was talking about. According to his prediction, tomorrow at six o'clock p.m. the Rapture will occur. Many of his followers are in malls and other places that have high incidents of traffic and they are trying to get the word out. A few people have sold all of their earthly possessions and are prepared to immediately enter eternity. Some have even gone as far as getting non-Christians to take charge of their pets. I am not going to be unkind and comment too much on the fact that Camping was wrong once before.

I won't wear my fingers out on my keyboard giving you a hundred and one reasons why this is not going to happen. You would get bored before I got through and so would I. Instead read Mathew 24:36 where Jesus says that no man knows the time except the Father. I rest my case. See all of you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Milton T. Burton said...

Right you are, Joe. But for the confirmed Rapturians no amount of either Scripture or common sense will make any difference.